Before arranging for shipment of your vehicle, we work hard to bring you an accurate quote. Our expert agents know just which questions to ask and what data to consider in order for a quote that’s as spot-on as possible.
Providing you with an accurate quote is a top priority for us, because it means that both you and the driver delivering your shipment will know what to expect upfront. No mysteries, no surprises—just timely delivery at a fair, affordable price.
To determine the cost of shipping your vehicle, we consider a number of factors, including:
- Distance. Fuel is one of the main costs associated with auto transport. As such, you can expect to pay more for deliveries that require more driving time. The further the distance between your pickup and delivery locations, the higher the associated shipping cost.
- Auto Transport Type. The type of transport you choose also plays a major role in determining cost. Open auto transport is the most common and most cost-effective type of transport, used for shipping cars and trucks of average size and value. Enclosed auto transport, for especially valuable vehicles, is more expensive, as is flatbed transport: a method for shipping overly large vehicles and construction equipment.
- Vehicle Size. How much space your vehicle will take up on a carrier can influence pricing as well. That’s why SUVs and other large vehicles may cost more to transport than smaller, compact cars that won’t take up much space on a carrier. As carriers have specific weight restrictions, a heavier car may also cost more to transport. This is simply because large, heavy cars lower the number of vehicles a driver can carry in one shipment.
- Vehicle Condition. A vehicle in working condition is easier to transport than a vehicle that’s inoperable, making working vehicles cheaper to ship.
- Pick-up and Delivery Locations. It’s simply more cost-effective for drivers to deliver to big cities and urban areas, where transport carriers are readily available and where they can combine shipments. Deliveries to out-of-the-way places use more fuel and take up more of the driver’s time, adding to the cost of delivery.
- Weather Conditions and Time of Year. No one likes driving on icy roads, but for auto transport carriers, ice and sleet can be especially problematic. Not only do these conditions call for more caution and specialized equipment, but accidents and dangerous conditions can lead to road closures, delaying shipment and affecting the number of deliveries a driver can make in a certain period of time. For these reasons, auto shipping tends to cost more in the winter than in the summer.
- Current Market Demand. In addition, we consider the current market demand for shipping a vehicle: looking at the National Load Board to find the latest rates. This website contains average rates for vehicle shipments across the country, with pricing data from thousands of brokers and more than 1 million truckers.
Based on these calculations, our agents will give you an estimated quote for shipping your vehicle. Keep in mind that, while we do our best to quote you an accurate price, your actual shipping cost may differ slightly from the given quote. In any case, we’ll provide you with an exact, inflexible cost before asking you to sign anything.
Delivering the highest value…
We strive to bring you the lowest price possible, but we also want to ensure that your driver is paid fairly. If a vehicle is mispriced, meaning the driver is not being properly compensated for the cost of fuel and other factors, the driver may be unable to deliver the vehicle, or may prioritize vehicles that are accurately priced. That’s another reason we take pricing so seriously: a correct price means you can count on timely delivery of your vehicle.
Once you decide to ship your vehicle with us, we’ll find a carrier for you from our network of drivers: thousands of professionally trained, highly experienced carriers who transport vehicles across the nation.
…at the best price.
We work to provide you with the most cost-effective price we can find, but we’ll never cut corners to lower cost. We perform a thorough background check on every driver we work with to make sure that you receive the very best service available.
Before hiring a driver, we check their references, ratings, permits, and insurance certificate. We also check to see if any past customers have complained about the driver’s service. Only once we’re satisfied that the driver is 100% dependable will we approach you with an exact price for your shipment. Then we’ll send you a contract, signed by your driver and outlining the details of your shipping agreement, for you to sign and submit.
With your signed contract in place, we’ll ask for a down payment, or broker fee, from you, which you can provide online using your payment method of choice. The rest of the agreed-upon price goes directly to your driver, due upon delivery.
Your contract guarantees door-to-door delivery and full auto insurance. Once you sign and send in your contract, the agreement is in effect, and your driver will deliver the vehicle to your door for the agreed-upon price. It’s that simple.